Carveco Release Notes History
Here at Carveco, we take the Continuous Delivery approach to software development. This means that we aim to develop and release regular updates, enhancements, new features and bug fixes as soon as they’re tested and ready – for every Carveco product.
All our work on each software update we release is outlined below.
Carveco v1.39 – Feb 8th, 2023
- Since v1.34, saving toolpaths with a post-processor that uses the
ROTARY_AXIS_DIALOGstatement would result in an error message. This has been fixed, and the Diameter For Rotary Axis dialog is now displayed correctly.
- You can associate vectors with toolpaths. For example, a Profile or Machine Relief. These associations are stored in a Carveco Model (.art) file for recall during toolpath recalculation. However, in previous versions, Carveco could not reopen files containing tens of thousands of these vector associations, resulting in a hang followed by a crash. Carveco can now reopen these files.
- Fixed a crash that affected several tools, including Offset Vectors, Bitmap to Vector, Smart Engraving, Shape Editor and Contour Blend.
Carveco v1.38 – Feb 8th, 2023
- Trace around designs faster than before: We have increased the rate at which you can trace around part or all of an image or relief, owing to a twofold speed increase in our Magic Wand, Flood Fill and Flood Fill Selective tools.
- Plan when to CNC machine: The Toolpath Summary dialog’s default Time Scale Factor value has been amended to provide a more realistic starting point for calculating the time it takes to machine your piece. This helps you determine when the best time is to start CNC machining. This change only affects you if you have never specified a time scale factor before (for example, when your Carveco software is installed on a new machine). Therefore, if you are already familiar with the functionality, it won’t impact your current way of working. (All variants)
- Have greater visibility and control over saving toolpaths:
- You can now force the Save Toolpaths dialog to remain open after saving your toolpaths and to instantly open the folder where they are saved to use them immediately. (All variants)
- If the dialog remains open, to avoid any confusion, a notification is displayed advising you that the toolpath has been saved. (All variants)
- Smart Engraving: The Offset clearance strategy of the Smart Engraving toolpath has been fixed so that it no-longer tries to machine outside of the specified boundary. (Carveco only)
- Sculpting (Carveco only):
- If the Transfer tool was closed and later reopened, the previous cloning offset was used. It now resets when the tool is next selected.
- If the Show tool check box in the Display Settings was selected, the tool shape would only be drawn under the mouse cursor. It is now also drawn at the cloning position, matching the behaviour of Show tool outline.
- Post processing: When using the Datron – (mm) (*.mcr) post processor, feed rates would sometimes be missing from the Feed statements in the output. (All variants)
New to Carveco
Design in 8K Resolution
We have increased the model resolution within Carveco to 8000 x 8000 pixels which enables engravers to create more detailed, crisp designs than they ever thought possible. Carveco can support elaborate details down to 5 microns, futureproofing its ability to work with evolving, high-end laser technology. This feature is great for discreet security features and intricate latent imagery on coin and bank note dies.
To use this, enable the Increased 8K Model Resolution Limit preview feature. Due to the nature of working at high resolution, we advise that this is only enabled on high specification PCs to avoid any performance issues.
Snap to Vectors while Sculpting
|The new Snap to Vectors While Sculpting preview feature acts like a magnet, attracting your sculpting brush to the vectors selected.
Using vectors as a guide gives you greater control to sculpt smooth curves and reliefs.
New to Carveco Maker Plus
Create 3D Shapes using Vector Outlines
Contour Blend is a real time 3D design tool that enables you to create unique 3D prismatic shapes, borders and text suitable for engraving and provides a great design alternative to the Shape Editor.
This intuitive feature creates a central line or bone structure for your design using the selected vectors to make a 3D shape which preserves the angle and shape for its internal corners. To watch the tutorial video, go to: Carveco Maker Plus: Contour Blend
Export Reliefs in a variety of formats
|Carveco Relief (*.rlf) – Our standard file format.
Simple Relief Format (*.srf) – Commonly used by specialist hardware vendors for Laser Machines.
ArtCAM 9 Relief (*.rlf) – An open relief file format commonly recognized by other CADCAM software packages. Useful if you want to sell your designs.
Bitmap File (*.bmp) and 16-bit TIFF Image (*.tif) – Export greyscale bitmap images to 3D print your design. Alternatively, export the design into your photo editing software package before reimporting into Maker Plus.
Easily Reuse 3D Designs
|Select and send pieces of Relief Clipart from the Project tree to the Relief Clipart Library.
These can be reused in the future for other designs or variants on a theme.
To watch our in-depth guide, please visit: Carveco Maker Plus: Using the Relief Layer
What’s new in Carveco Maker
Transform Your Vector Artwork
|Carveco Maker now enables you to easily manipulate vectors (lines) by adding or selecting control points to distort, resize and rotate, to produce your desired 2D shape using the Envelope Distortion tool.
This functionality closely resembles photo editing software packages such as Photoshop or Affinity and enables you to add perspective or create unique stylised text.
To watch our tutorial video, go to: Carveco Maker: Envelope Distortion
Carveco v1.37 – November 16, 2022
To provide clearer guidance, we have reworded the Help text for Flood Fill and Flood Fill Selective tools (All variants)
- Crash on opening: If you accidentally tried to open multiple instances of your Carveco software at the same time, it would cause the software to crash. A fix has now been put in place to prevent this. (All variants)
- 3D View: AMD recently updated the drivers for their graphics cards, such as the AMD Adrenalin 22.10.3 Optional or AMD Pro 22.Q3 drivers. This update impacted our 3D rendering which we have now resolved (All variants). You should now no longer see:
- A relief with a grating pattern and gaps in the artwork.
- Handles that appeared solid blue and did not work. For example, in Create Polygons and nodes in Node Editing.
- Drilling toolpaths: We have fixed an issue where Carveco software would not allow you to calculate a Drilling toolpath if the Windows software used on your computer was configured to use decimal commas rather than decimal points. (All variants)
Carveco v1.36 – October 20, 2022
To help customers while activating their Carveco software, we have included support to automatically detect and highlight where email addresses or activation keys have been entered incorrectly. For example, where an activation key is missing a number or the @ symbol has been omitted from the email address. (All variants)
- We identified and fixed two bugs in v1.35 which would cause the software to crash. These occurred when:
- clicking the Vector Doctor panel’s Identify button. (All variants)
- opening the 2D Machining Wizard. (Maker+ and Carveco)
Carveco v1.35 - October 19, 2022
- STL files: You can work with a wider variety of STL files within your Carveco software. Maker, Maker+ and Carveco can now open ASCII STL files that contain non-standard capitalised keywords. (All variants)
- 3D Modelling: The Create Dome tool now recognises decimal commas as well as decimal points. (Carveco and Maker+)
3D Modelling: When creating a new rotary model, the back relief is now hidden by default. This means you’ll no longer see a blank model. (Carveco only)
Interface: In v1.34, when a file in the Recent Models list has been deleted on disk and its name contains special characters, an error message is displayed on start-up and the Start page is blank. This has been fixed. (All variants)
Carveco v1.34 - Sept 14, 2022
Greater post-processor control:
When manually editing your G-Code output (the information that is passed to your CNC/laser machine), you can now customise it at the beginning and end of each of your toolpaths by specifying toolpath headers and toolpath footers in your post processor files. This is particularly useful if you need to change the order of G-Code sections, such as tool changes to suit your machine, swap fixtures such as clamps, add operator messages or have any specific cooling requirements during the machining of your piece. It can also be useful when you need to add a pause in machining, for example, if you cannot leave a CNC machine running over night. (All Variants)
Faster bitmap tracing: When tracing around a bitmap image, you may need to reduce the number of colours in the image by merging them so that it can easily be traced. To gain more control, you can use the Flood Fill and Flood Fill Selective tools to determine what areas are set to your preferred colour. This process has now been accelerated, as you can drag your mouse over these areas rather than individually selecting them. To learn how, please watch our demonstration video here: Flood Fill Tracing (All Variants)
By default, these options are enabled in both Maker and Maker+, and disabled in Carveco.
Crash on start-up: Anti-ransomware protection or IT configuration can sometimes prevent Carveco software from accessing the required Documents folder, which would cause the software to crash on start-up. Now when this happens, an error message is displayed. (All Variants)
Zooming in and out: Previously, when zooming in and out on an area of your design, the position of the model would move on your screen. This was because zooming-in was set to match the location of the cursor, whereas zooming-out with your mouse wheel used the centre of the screen. This has now been fixed so that you can zoom in and out from the position of your cursor making it easier to design and inspect your work. (All Variants)
Bitmap import: (All Variants)
To prevent Bitmap images appearing too large or small for your model once imported, we have now set the default to Fit when scaling.
Display Bitmap: In earlier releases, there was some confusion as to whether a Bitmap image had successfully been imported /created. To avoid this confusion, we have now made the following changes:
Importing a bitmap using the File > Open menu option or Bitmaps > Import Image from the Project panel switches the 3D view to Display Bitmap mode automatically. (All Variants)
Creating a Bitmap from a relief layer switches the 3D view to Display Bitmap mode automatically. (All Variants)
Datron post processors: Correct tool details are now output for the
Datron Simpl V2 (mm) (.simpl)post-processor. Previously, this was outputting the G-code for the last tool used in your design project. (All Variants)
Drag and drop to the Start page stopped working from Version 1.32. We’ve restored drag and drop in this release. (All Variants)
Carveco v1.33 - July 27, 2022
- We are slowly rolling out the ability to access all of your software license information and other Carveco services from your own unique online Carveco account. As part of this process, new users or customers transferring their software to a new computer only, are shown a new Welcome screen. This screen includes options to either activate using a licence Key or a Carveco Account. If you are not sure which option applies to you, a help link is provided on the screen.
- The user interface can be extensively customised, but this can lead to toolbars and panels becoming accidentally lost. To help prevent or recover from this, we have introduced two new options to the Options panel:By default, these options are enabled in both Maker and Maker+, and disabled in Carveco.
In version 1.32, while starting the program or resizing the window, the Start page would flicker. This has now been prevented.
A small number of customers were affected by a persistent crash on start-up, leaving them unable to use the software. This has been fixed.
We have spotted a potential issue that could affect Datron users using the recently added
TOOLTABLEpost processor. This now handles line numbering correctly.
Carveco v1.32 - June 29, 2022
In Version 1.31, Carveco crashed when the Start page contained a floating panel, such as the Toolbox panel. This has now been fixed.
Carveco v1.31 - June 15, 2022
New Features for Maker Plus
Add Draft is now available in Maker+. This tool adds drafts to the edges of your design, which enables:
- Users to create moulds and vacuum-formed packaging which are easy to release.
- Engravers to produce foil and embossing dies that reduce the likelihood of puncturing or tearing material.
- Makers to create clean edges when machining along a straight wall of their 3D relief, especially when using a tapered ball nose.
This tool is accessed by selecting Relief > Edit > Add Draft menu option or clicking the Relief Editing toolbar’s button.
Duplicate Toolpath replicates your chosen toolpaths so that they can easily be reused or altered for similar elements of your design, saving you time. If you make a mistake, you can now easily undo or redo your changes. Previously, you would have to use combinations of Delete Toolpath, Duplicate Toolpath, and re-select toolpaths in the Project tree.
- The Duplicate Toolpath button had no description. We added a tooltip to clarify what it does.
- The installer in Version 1.30 displayed garbled text when the Chinese (Traditional) language option was selected. We updated the language packs for the installer.
- Create Triangle Mesh stopped responding when the Limit triangle size was set. The implementation is now more efficient.
- The Start page sometimes warned about lapsed maintenance when using Carveco with a subscription license. However, maintenance does not apply to subscription licenses, so the message was irrelevant. We removed the message for subscription licenses.
- When closing a model, sometimes a black box would overlay the view. This visual glitch has been corrected.
Carveco v1.30 - March 30, 2022
- Added Duplicate Toolpath button and context menu option to the Project panel.
- Enhanced 3D View performance when a large number of vectors are selected.
- Added support for importing 16-bit grayscale TIFF files as a relief in Maker and Maker+.
- Added the Extrude tool to Maker+.
- Added UCCNC post-processors.
- Ensured the Send to Relief Library button and context menu option saves the relief to the intended folder.
- Prevented toolpaths from becoming uncalculated when a model is reloaded while a toolpath is selected in the Project tree.
- Ensured the Threshold setting for Surface Links in Machine Relief is remembered for subsequent calculations of the toolpath.
Carveco v1.29 - February 23, 2022
- Added two new preview features (Carveco only):
- Sculpting Shape Dynamics
- Relief Clipart Brush Shape
- Prevented a crash on startup when the Documents folder location is not accessible. An error message is now displayed instead.
- Prevented duplicate tools from appearing in the the tool table when using the
Datron Simpl V2 (mm) (.simpl)post processor.
- Fixed the output of rapid moves in the
Datron Simpl V2 (mm) (.simpl)post processor.
- Ensured search results are fully displayed in the Vector Library and Component Library.
- Ensured the last selected folder is correctly remembered in all libraries.
- Prevented workspace corruption when using non-tabbed views.
- Ensured the direction icons display the correct direction in the Toolpath Copy panel.
Carveco v1.28 - January 12th, 2022
- Added post-processors for the following machines or controllers:
- Added an Align copies to curve option to the Paste Along a Curve dialog.
Mitigated interface hanging while sculpting using an XP-Pen tablet.
Fixed the layout of the New Model dialog on high-DPI displays.
Fixed feed rate precision in Carbide3D post-processors.
Fixed a script error when importing from the search results in the Vector Library and Component Library.
Prevented a crash when using Texture Relief in a long, narrow model.
Ensured the model size is correct when creating a model from a PDF file with units set to inches.
Prevented a crash when using Multi-Plate Tool with a sheet size such that no plates will fit.
Ensured relief undo still functions when the scratch file size option is specified as a large value.
Ensured the correct Bottom Offset value is displayed in the Material Setup dialog when the model has a non-zero minimum Z height.
- The following post-processors have been disabled, pending removal in a future release:
CL ascii data (*.cut)
FOBA Laser – Step = 0.0025 (*.mcl)
FOBA Laser – Step = 0.025 (*.mcl)
FOBA Laser (*.mcl)
Laser DXF (*.dxf)
PM-Post option files
If you are affected by this, please contact Carveco Support for instructions to re-enable and to discuss a migration path.
Carveco v1.27 - November 24th, 2021
- Added post-processors for the following machines or controllers:
- Datron Simpl V2
- CNC3D Nighthawk
- SainSmart 4030 PROver with Probe
- Accelerated the process for creating a latent image including four or six faces.
- Enhanced the New Model dialog to make the Origin position more discernible.
- Simplified the warning message displayed when saving toolpaths including slashes within the filename.
- Simplified the error message displayed when opening image files that no longer exist from the Recent Models list.
- Corrected various issues with the WorkBee post-processors.
- Prevented arcs from being unnecessarily polygonized when saving toolpaths.
- Fixed several file dialog filters when the Korean language is selected.
- Prevented a crash during the 2D Area Clearance toolpath calculation process.
Carveco v1.25/1.26– October 21st, 2021
Improvements (1.25 Release)
- Enabled selection of multiple vectors when creating a latent Image.
- Accelerated process for creating a latent image with two faces.
- Introduced new Shortcuts dialog providing a shortcuts reference, displayed by selecting the Help > Shortcuts menu option.
- Ensured single-key shortcuts for switching tools are more consistently available; see Shortcuts dialog’s General tab.
- Improved diagnostics access by moving information from the About box to a dedicated Diagnostics dialog, displayed by selecting the Help > Diagnostics menu option.
- Set Erase sculpting tool’s default mode to Erase to Base Plane.
- Clarified warning message displayed when node selection is unsupported while using the Node Editing and Spline Vectors tools.
- Removed option to disable the Toolpath Colour Simulation changes introduced in 1.17 from the Preview Features page.
- Implemented ability to remove unwanted files from the Start page’s Recent Files list.
Fixes (1.26 Release)
- Prevented a crash when saving toolpaths using tool names including symbols and diacritical marks.
Fixes (1.25 Release)
- Prevented an area selection outside the model limits from causing the origin workplane to change size.
- Removed need to open a model prior to saving a Diagnostics report.
- Increased size of Nudge Distance dialog to avoid use of scrollbars.
- Corrected various issues with the CNC3D Commander post processors.
- Ensured Ctrl+Enter shortcut pastes a copy of a piece of clipart.
- Removed Ctrl+Shift+drag shortcut for copying vectors to the active layer; this was challenging to use due to clashes with other shortcuts.
Carveco v1.24 – August 4th, 2021
Added post-processors for the following machines or controllers:
Onefinity (no toolchange)
/run="Add-in Name"command line switch to automatically open a Toolbox add-in on start-up. * Carveco only
Included missing units of measurement in the Panel Toolpaths tool’s Summary Report.
Ensured the image embedded in the Panel Toolpaths tool’s Summary Report is displayed correctly when opened in the Firefox browser.
Included missing namespace in exported SVG files; this omission was preventing some applications from recognizing the file type.
Excluded User Parameters fields from the Project panel when a parent toolpath is selected in the tree; these fields are only applicable to child toolpaths.
Carveco v1.23 – June 29, 2021
- The Trim Vectors tool now enables you to continuously trim away unwanted vector spans by holding down the left mouse button and dragging the scissors cursor over them.
Updated license handling to reduce the likelihood of being prompted to activate the software again on the same computer.
Updated Grbl (mm) (*.gcode) and Grbl (inch) (*.gcode) post processors for increased g-code precision.
Ensured the Print Setup dialog displays readable text rather than Dummy Text labels.
Ensured the Export View dialog’s tabs are displayed correctly after toggling the 3D Viewer preview feature.
Carveco v1.22 – June 02, 2021
View > Export View now enables you to export images of the 3D View at your specified size.
Post-processors were added for the following machines or controllers:
Carbide 3D Nomad 833 ATC
The software activation dialog has been updated with a welcoming design.
A warning notification is now displayed on the Start page when a software update is available, but your maintenance plan has lapsed. * Perpetual license owners only
In-software update notifications can now be disabled from the Options dialog.
The default Feed Rate units in the Tool Database have been changed to mm/min.
Improved the warning message displayed when creating a Custom Form Tool with a decreasing profile.
Enhanced the appearance of tabs on the Transform and Sculpting tool panels.
The Transform panel’s Combine Mode button has been replaced with a Paste Mode dropdown list for increased clarity.
The Panel Toolpaths tool’s summary report has been overhauled, and is now compatible with any modern internet browser.
Ensured the Export View dialog’s Tolerance option displays the model’s units.
Corrected G21 code in the Carbide 3D Nomad 833 metric post-processors.
Added G20/G21 codes to all SainSmart post-processors.
Ensured the Include toolpath summary checkbox correctly toggles the Toolpath data section in the panelling report.
Carveco v1.21 – March 02, 2021
- Added SainSmart 4030 PROver post-processors.
- Removed T1M6 commands from the SainSmart and 3018 post-processors. This was causing the controller to issue “unsupported command” errors.
Carveco v1.20 – December 16, 2020
- Help > About Carveco shows a summary of Display Card diagnostics.
- The Start page shows a warning message when a computer’s Display Card fails to meet the recommended system requirements for Carveco.
- The 3D View is disabled when a computer’s Display Card fails to meet the minimum system requirements for Carveco.
- Fixed an intermittent crash when working in Node Editing mode with the Virtual Mid-points check box selected.
Carveco v1.19 – December 9, 2020
Added SainSmart, Amana and S1R CNC tools to the Tool Database for new software installations.
- Implemented support for importing larger binary STL files.
- Added Zero Inside Vector and Zero Outside Vector buttons to the Assistant panel.
- Fixed an intermittent crash on program start-up.
- Ensured lights settings are applied correctly when changing the simulation material from the Project panel.
- Fixed a crash in the Vector Doctor when selecting open vectors within vector text when the Ungroup vectors when necessary option is selected.
- Enabled the Group command to be used when tools other than the Select Tool are active.
Carveco v1.18 – October 20, 2020
New Features for Maker Plus
In our latest update, we’ve added a whole host of new design features to Carveco Maker Plus. Expanding the capabilities of our 3D modelling tools, we’ve now added Texture Relief, Relief Cookie Cutter, Spin and Turn tools; together with improvements to the interactive 3D sculpting tools with the addition of both the Deposit and Carve tools.
Added post-processors for the following controllers or machines:
- Digital Wood Carver.
- Onefinity (probe change).
- Sainsmart 3018 MX3.
- Sainsmart 3018 PRO.
- Sainsmart 3018 PROver.
- Implemented Add Flush options on the Tool Settings: Transform panel in Maker and Maker Plus, displayed when importing and pasting relief clipart.
- Added the Toggle Clipart Visibility button to the 3D View toolbar in Maker and Maker Plus.
- Reinstated the Imported File dialog’s Centre in model check box when importing a DXF file.
- Ensured the correct text size is preserved when opening a PDF file including Type 3 fonts.
- Increased the number of decimal places in the UGS GRBL post-processor’s output to resolve a “code 33” error.
- Ensured the correct icon for the most recently selected sculpting tool is displayed on the Relief Editing toolbar.
Carveco v1.17 – July 28, 2020
- Implemented support for importing SVG files using the Vector > Import menu option and from the Vector Library across the Carveco range.
- Set SVG as the default file format when exporting vectors or dragging vector layers into the Vector Library.
Toolpath Colour Simulation
Only available in Carveco Maker+ and Carveco. This was previously available as a Preview Feature.
Toolpaths can be simulated with automatically-assigned colours. A colour simulation emphasises which tool has machined a specific area of your job, making it easier to identify issues in your machining strategy.
Colour simulation can be activated:
- Using the Project panel’s Simulate Toolpath with Colour and Simulate All Toolpaths with Colour context menu options.
- By toggling the colour simulation visibility in the Project tree.
- By toggling the colour simulation visibility from the Simulation Control toolbar.
A toolpath’s simulation colour can be manually overridden by clicking the colour swatch beside the toolpath in the Project tree.
Added the Vector Library to Carveco Maker.
Added a download button on the Vector Library panel for obtaining a vector artwork starter pack.
Included support for importing IGES files in Carveco Maker using the Relief > Import > Import 3D Model menu option.
Included support for importing STEP, 3DA, 3DP, DDX and DDZ files in Carveco Maker and Carveco Maker+ using the Relief > Import > Import 3D Model menu option.
The Transform tool is enabled when vectors have been imported.
Imported vectors larger than, significantly smaller than or outside the model area are automatically resized and centred to the model; this behaviour can be toggled from the Options panel, displayed by selecting the Edit > Options menu option.
Improved error handling when dragging vector files into the Project tree.
3D toolpath previews are now rendered in full when rotating the 3D View.
Added post-processors for the following controllers or machines:
Grbl with Universal Gcode Sender
Holz-Her Cosmec Fox 48 ATC (inches)
Removed the Objects to Draw dialog; visibility of objects can instead be controlled using the View > 3D Object Visibility menu option, from the 3D View toolbar, or from the Project tree.
Fixed opening and importing files using drag-and-drop.
Prevented a product expiry warning message being shown when opening a PDF file.
Populated the undo description when closing Envelope Distortion, avoiding a blank row in the History panel.
Removed an unnecessary undo step created by Send to Relief Clipart Library.
Corrected the background colour of the Drilling panel’s Sequencing options.
Ensured toggling colour simulation from the Simulation Control toolbar correctly affects the child toolpaths being simulated.
Carveco v1.16 – June 17, 2020
Start Page Update Notifications
All Carveco versions now include an inbuilt update notification on the start page (see image).
This allows your Carveco software to periodically check for newer versions of the software from our update server and let you know when new releases are available to download.
The notification also contains a link back to the Release Notes page (this page) for details on all new fixes and enhancements contained in the release.
- Added post-processors for the following controllers or machines:
- CNC 3018.
- Ooznest WorkBee.
- Updated the Northwood_Fanuc (*.txt) post-processor to support the GE Fanuc Series 210i-MB machine.
- Corrected the position of the Brush Diameter slider on the Assistant page.
Carveco v1.15 – May 13, 2020
Open PDF with Layers
- Released from Preview Features. Available in Carveco and Carveco Maker Plus.
Toolpath Colour Simulation (now in preview)
- Added Toggle Colour Simulation Visibility button to the Simulation toolbar.
- Improved automatically-assigned simulation colours.
- Ensured that only selected toolpaths are expanded in the Project tree when using Simulate with Colour.
- Added Millright (mm) (*.nc) and Millright (inch) (*.nc) post-processors.
- Implemented new settings to the Offset Vectors tool in Carveco Maker and Carveco Maker Plus:
- The Direction setting can now be set to Both sides (ridge).
- The Corners setting has been added.
- When using the Create Vector Text tool with Vertical text enabled, a new Left to Right Text button can now be toggled.
- Recently released Preview Features can be temporarily disabled on the Preview Features page. [Available in Carveco].
- Fixed a script error in the FOBA Laser Toolbox add-in. [Available in Carveco].
- Prevented a crash in 3D Blend when using small boundary vectors.
- Allowed black to be selected in the Add Colours dialog.
- Colours added to the Custom Colours palette in the Colour Picker now persist.
- The Options dialog’s Text Defaults settings are now acquired by the Create Vector Text tool.
- Prevented the Change Simulation Colour button from becoming unresponsive.
- Prevented incorrect icons from sometimes being displayed on menus and toolbars when switching between Carveco release builds.
- Ensured vectors created by the Vector Shadow tool are well ordered when exported.
Carveco v1.14 – April 06, 2020
Advanced Toolpath Colour Simulation (now in preview)
- Simulate toolpaths with automatically-assigned colours. A colour simulation emphasises which tool has machined a specific area of your job, making it easier to identify issues in your machining strategy.
Open PDF with Layers (now in preview)
- Create a model by opening a PDF file, where its crop box is used to set the model’s dimensions, and all bitmap and vector artwork on each of its pages is automatically assigned to their own respective layers within the model.
- Ensured model or project name is acquired and displayed in exported 3D HTML files.
- Restructured Export View dialog layout.
- Restored missing title on Transform Toolpaths panel.
Carveco v1.13 – March 10, 2020
Carveco v1.12 - February 18, 2020
Carveco v1.11 - January 14, 2020
Carveco v1.10 - November 28, 2019
New posts available:
A new Preview Features tab has been added to the welcome page. Preview Features (as the name suggests…) allow you to preview new functionality within Carveco and provide feedback on such functionality via our community forum.
Please be aware that any use of preview features should be performed in a safe environment.
The History preview feature creates a chronological list of every operation (with the exception of toolpath calculations) performed within your working session of Carveco.
This will then allow you to revert your design back to a previously recorded state, within the recorded session history.
Carveco v1.9 - October 22nd, 2019
Carveco Deactivation / License Migration
Carveco users can now migrate their Carveco license between multiple machines through an inbuilt license migration and deactivation tool, accessed via the Help > About drop-down menu.
This feature allows you to exceed the number of concurrent installations by revoking an activate license on one machine and reactivating on another.
More information on Deactivation can be found in the Licensing section of the Help Centre.
Carveco v1.8 - September 30th, 2019
- Users can now open legacy .ART files from ArtCAM® 2008.
- Software activation error when using Carveco from multiple user accounts in Windows.
- Script error in the crash reporter dialog.
- Repaired incomplete V-Bit carving toolpath issue.
Carveco v1.7 - August 19th, 2019
Carveco Error Reporting
Following an unexpected error, Carveco software now has the capability to generate a diagnostic report that details what problem was encountered at the time of the software error.
These optional, user-submitted reports can help us identify, diagnose and fix problems within Carveco much faster; for the benefit of all Carveco users.
Please Note: This update restores the default user interface layout. To preserve custom interface changes, please save your custom layout prior to updating, then restore your custom layout following the update.
Carveco v1.6 - August 5, 2019
- Added support for opening legacy files.
- Relief layers now have the correct dimensions when exported as an SRF file.
Carveco v1.5 - July 23, 2019
- Improvements to the licensing server allowing for subscription-based licensing.
Carveco v1.4 - April 29, 2019
- Ensured annotations are retained when importing DWG files.
- Ensured Carveco software can be started from a Guest account in Windows.
Carveco v1.3 - April 26, 2019
- Ensured Carveco software license can be activated on a Windows computer with a RAID array.
- Ensured translated Relief > Rotary Reliefs > Create Rotary Relief menu option is displayed correctly when French language option is selected.
- Clarified the error message displayed when an incorrect license key is submitted during Carveco software activation process.
Carveco v1.0.2 - April 18, 2019
- The original Notes functionality removed in the ArtCAM® 2018.2 Update has been reinstated. Notes are no longer displayed as part of the Project panel’s Model Information.
- Sheet Reports now open in your default browser rather than in Internet Explorer.
- Ensured Carveco Layout Files (*.alo) exported from Carveco can be loaded.
- Ensured PDF files (*.pdf) can be imported into Carveco using the drag-and-drop method.
- Prevented a Script Error in the Import 3D Model for Unwrapping dialog.
- Prevented a crash when opening a Project while a Project is already open.
- Ensured disabled buttons and check boxes do not appear as enabled.
- Ensured the correct title for the Copy Component to Vectors dialog is shown.
- Ensured the Slice Relief panel’s inline-help is arranged correctly when first shown.
Carveco v1.0.1 - April 12, 2019
Ensured multi-language installation options are working as intended.