Carveco Privacy Statement
Updated: 25th July, 2019
Protecting your privacy is important to Carveco Ltd. This Privacy Statement explains our global practices regarding the collection, usage, and the disclosure of your personal data, through the use of all of our websites, products and services.
Who we are
Carveco Ltd is an independent, private company that collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom). Where we collect personal information from you, we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
This Privacy Statement applies to personal information collected in any form, including through the following websites:
What Information Does Carveco Collect About You?
Information you provide us:
We may collect information that identifies you, including your name, surname, and contact information, such as your address, email address and telephone number, when you:
- Create an account
- Sign up for our mailing list or newsletter
- Use the ‘Support’ widget or request support via any means (phone, email, chat widget etc) included on our website or associated domains
- Register for, or purchase a product or service
- Sign up for one of our events
- Contact us
We may collect additional information to inform your specific use of our applications. This includes your language preferences, the date of your birth, area of expertise, the name of your employer and your job title or role.
After you have created an account, purchased or registered for an application or service, we collect additional information, which may include:
- Any subscription plans and payment information
- Details about the applications that you purchased or have expressed interest in
- Training and certification details
- Event attendance details
- Your communication preferences
- Records of our interaction with you, where appropriate, such as service records, correspondence, details of complaints and their resolution
- Content you submitted to us, such as comments or media you posted in areas administered by us
When you make purchases through our website(s), we use payment processors provided by Shopify (Shopify’s terms and conditions can be viewed here.) and do not store credit card or other financial information (other than confirmation that payment in a certain amount has been made). We collect contact information from you that we pass through to the payment processor to facilitate the transaction. For more information you can contact our providers as set forth in their privacy notices as outlined via the link above.
Cookies and similar technologies
We also use analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how you use our website(s) and applications. And, Google reCAPTCHA to protect our systems against spam and automated abuse.
With the exception of information essential to operate our services as described in our Cookie Statement, whether we collect this data is up to you. You can change your mind at any time by going into your Settings within the application you use to access our products and services. Please keep in mind that you may also need to clear your Cookies on each browser on each device.
Embedded Content From 3rd Party Websites
Content on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, feeds etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the source website.
How Does Carveco Use The Information It Collects About You?
We use your personal data mindfully, securely and in useful ways, including:
- To validate your identity, to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you
- To deliver you services, products, support, or information you have requested about your application, to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you
- To send you important information within the scope of our contract with you
- To send you other information you requested, like when someone has “liked” one of your posts, to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you
- To send you other special offers, promotions, newsletters, surveys, or other information that you have consented to receive, as long as you want them
- To support our legitimate interest in gaining a better understanding of our applications, so we can improve them and your experience
- To correct problems in our applications, as necessary to perform the contract we have with you
- To support our legitimate interest in making our content more relevant to your interests
- To pursue our legitimate interest in preventing and reducing fraud and software piracy
- As further described in your applications, such as in a supplemental notice, or in our About Boxes (available via Settings in your application)
How Do You Access, Update, Download, And Delete Your Personal Data?
We have processes in place to maintain accurate, complete and up to date data. You have the right to access, update, delete, receive a copy of, or restrict our use of your personal data. When we process personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent any time.
You can also choose delete your personal data and close your account. We may retain certain data about you for legal and internal business purposes, such as fraud prevention, in accordance with any applicable laws.
To request a copy of the personal data in your account, email email@example.com. When you contact us to assist you, we will ask you to validate your identity before fulfilling your request.
What Are Carveco’s Storage And Data Retention Practices?
We store your personal data and content on our servers, and the servers of our service providers. Because we and our service providers maintain servers in global locations, your personal data may be transferred across national borders and stored outside of the United Kingdom
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with the applications you are using, and as needed to comply with our legal obligations.
How Does Carveco Protect Children And Student Data?
At Carveco, we care deeply about children’s privacy and protecting their data. Many of our applications, and features are made for the general public, and are designed for adult users. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children in connection with those websites, products, services, and features that are made for the general public.
Will This Privacy Statement Change?
If and when the way we treat your personal data changes, we will make sure to let you know by updating this Privacy Statement. When we change it, we will make it clear at the top of our Privacy Statement, and we will tell you when we last updated it.
How To Contact Us?
If you want to contact us, please use the following contact information. When you do so, please tell us the name of the website or application about which you are contacting us:
By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org